Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Social History Commons

Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Local History

Discipline
Institution
Publication Year
Publication
Publication Type
File Type

Articles 61 - 90 of 1499

Full-Text Articles in Social History

The Chester News June 19, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 19, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 16, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 16, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 16, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 16, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 12, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 12, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 9, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 9, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 5, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 5, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News June 2, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jun 1925

The Chester News June 2, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 29, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 29, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 26, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 26, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 22, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 22, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 19, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 19, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 15, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 15, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 12, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 12, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 8, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 8, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 5, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 5, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News May 1, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels May 1925

The Chester News May 1, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 28, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 28, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 24, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 24, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 21, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 21, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 14, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 14, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 10, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 10, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 7, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 7, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 3, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1925

The Chester News April 3, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 31, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 31, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 27, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 27, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 24, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 24, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 20, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 20, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1925

The Chester News March 17, 1925, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1925

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.