Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Social History Commons

Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Local History

1918

Articles 1 - 30 of 98

Full-Text Articles in Social History

The Chester News Decemeber 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News Decemeber 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News December 20, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News December 20, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News December 17, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News December 17, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News December 13, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News December 13, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News Decemeber 10, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News Decemeber 10, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News December 6, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News December 6, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News December 3, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Dec 1918

The Chester News December 3, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 29, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 29, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 26, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 26, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 22, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 22, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 19, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 19, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 15, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 15, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 12, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 12, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 8, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 8, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News November 5, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News November 5, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News Novemeber 1, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Nov 1918

The Chester News Novemeber 1, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 29, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 29, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 25, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 25, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 22, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 22, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 18, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 18, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 15, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 15, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 11, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 11, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 8, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 8, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 4, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 4, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News October 1, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Oct 1918

The Chester News October 1, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News September 27, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Sep 1918

The Chester News September 27, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News September 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Sep 1918

The Chester News September 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News September 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Sep 1918

The Chester News September 24, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News September 20, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Sep 1918

The Chester News September 20, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News September 17, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Sep 1918

The Chester News September 17, 1918, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1918

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.