Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Social History Commons

Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.®

Articles 1 - 30 of 1490

Full-Text Articles in Social History

Pioneers In Your Attic: Uvu's Sutherland Archives' Experience, Catherine Mcintyre Apr 2014

Pioneers In Your Attic: Uvu's Sutherland Archives' Experience, Catherine Mcintyre

Catherine McIntyre

Utah Valley University's George Sutherland Archives participated in a state-wide digitization project called Pioneers In Your Attic: Preserving the Legacy of the Overland Migration. Developed by Scott Eldredge of Brigham Young University, several university digitization centers, or hubs, collaborated with regional public libraries, museums, and historical societies to host "scanning events," inviting members of the public to bring unique, historic family photographs and documents, such as diaries, journals, letters, and business papers, to be scanned for free, and added to an openly accessible online digital collection called Pioneers In Your Attic. This presentation focuses on the overall experiences of ...


The Chester News April 29, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 29, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 26, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 26, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 22, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 22, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 19, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 19, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 12, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 12, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 5, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 5, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 5, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 5, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News April 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Apr 1927

The Chester News April 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 29, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 29, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 22, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 22, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 18, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 18, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 11, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 11, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 4, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 4, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News March 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Mar 1927

The Chester News March 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 18, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 18, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 15, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 11, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 11, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 8, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 4, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 4, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News February 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Feb 1927

The Chester News February 1, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News January 28, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jan 1927

The Chester News January 28, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News January 28, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jan 1927

The Chester News January 28, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.


The Chester News January 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels Jan 1927

The Chester News January 25, 1927, W. W. Pegram, Stewart L. Cassels

Chester News 1927

The Chester News was a semi-weekly, later weekly continuation of the Semi-Weekly News established in 1913. The name changed to the Chester News in September 1917 retaining the number sequence of the Semi-Weekly News. In 1917 it was a semi-weekly Democrat newspaper. About 1942, it became a weekly paper. W. Ward Pegram and Stewart L. Cassells were the owner/publishers. W. Ward Pegram, Jr. took ownership after his father’s death and published the paper until September 1971 when it merged with the Chester Reporter to form the News and Reporter which is still in publication.